Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Middle of the Week



We have a lot of bees of all kinds this year. The bumble bees are larger so we see them more often. The honey bees are out there but being smaller I just don't notice them. The buzzing of a bumble bee around your head does give one a better idea of their activities. 

 We have had more rain in the night. They water from above is hard on the flowers and makes them wilted looking. The geranium flowers are being destroyed and they will have to rebloom.


 The white geranium hasn't been a strong bloomer for me this season. My whole circle of flowers in the front circle are needing to regroup with all the rains forces against them. 


 My front yard locust tree is drooping right now but when it dries out the limbs do lift up. I sort of like the feeling of the southern plantation feel as one looks through under the branches. 

 

The dinner plate hibiscus likes lots of water but it can soak up some of its blooms. I still have lots of buds so it will bloom for a long time. 


 I needed to mow my back yard a couple of days ago but it will not happen until tomorrow. I have my front and back yards on different schedules. It works as the fence keeps everyone not knowing that they aren't in sync. I didn't get outside all day but this late afternoon I may go shoot some photos. I don't do well when I am stuck inside all day so maybe I will be a little better more cheery after the walk. Our temps are low today but we are predicted to warm up for sure. I had to turn on the heat in the morning. 

I am getting a full load of humming bird shots as we have four birds out there fighting over the two feeders. Sometimes they get along and realize they can sit opposite each other and drink in peace.  Their is no way that I can share all the shots so I will have to selectively dump some. The humming bird is good at knocking off the focus as they move continuously. 


 Thanks for stopping by today.

 


No comments: