This is just a spot to visit, of one who is on a journey. You can see my projects, plants, family, pets, artworks, antiques and anything else that comes along.
Saturday, August 22, 2026
Saturday's Stuff
We had our first batch of sweetcorn for supper. We cooking it in the microwave with plastic wrap sealing it . It was very good. I can't eat much of it with the diabetic diet but I do have an ability to shoot some more insulin if I shoot up too high. The corn was very good. There are so many farmers who grow it in our area and I bought mine at the store rather than at one of the parking lot corners.
My wife got a family piece given to her yesterday. It is made by a company that I have never heard of before now. Crooksville China is on the bottom and it was a company in Ohio. I looked up the company and this would have had a lid on it. It would be used to hold hot soup before serving. The gold band is all still intack with it having a little leaf pattern on the handles.
The morning glories responded to me giving it more water. There were a lot of blooms on the vines this morning.
I had a couple of monarchs out today while I finished mowing the yard. The hummingbirds do love the zinnias too. I could see them zooming in and out to the flower garden to go where ever they have to be. I asssume that some of them must be feeding baby hummers.
I had to buy some more dirt for my second flower bed. I ended up buying five bags of dirt of this and also bought a potting soil bag for me to use with houseplants. The lugging and tugging took place at the store to load the bags and then I use the wheel barrow to get them down the back hill, two sacks at a time. I was too tired to start planting my iris that are awaiting to be put back into the ground. It will be nice to have a good bed to grow them in where they don't get to wet nor grass to invade them. I have more iris that I do plan on digging to put in here as things progress. I have lost a few of my treadured one that I moved down here so I will try to save all that I can that I still have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment