Why not put an iris start in my favorite antique flower pot. My brother grows iris in pots in California because he is too lazy to put them in the ground. I got my four bags of soil spread into my new iris bed. I added sand and some left over potting soil to give it more volume. Maybe tomorrow I will go buy two more bags to be sure my raised bed is really having a raised soil level.
I am really anxious to plant all of my iris back into the ground. We got almost four inches of rain yesterday and this morning we had more rain. I could work outside as the rains did pass but I want all the soil to settle in a little and have it dry out. I would rather work with dry loose soil when I put iris into the ground. We haven't see sunshine for the second day and I think maybe this afternoon we will finally see it. I did get a new butterfly bush planted this morning. I hope it does well. I saw a monarch butterfly on it at the nursery so I thought that it was a sign that I should buy it. Thanks for checking in today.
No comments:
Post a Comment