Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Middle of the Week


 Being able to bring in bouquets is so great. I get so busy that I sometimes forget that I have a garden full of zinnias. 


 My old begonia plant has just become huge. It is misshapen but I just turn it towards the good side. I have held this plant over durning the winter for a couple of years. 


 I have a mess in my back corner where the new fence went in that connected to an old fence. I can't really get back to work on it when the peonies are all full grown. I cut back one of my red peonies this monring and ventured into the area. I had some seeding asparagus that I had to cut back. I made it to the back side of the garden area and found the day lily that needed to be moved. It was in really dry soil and it took a while to dig it out. The clump was big and I decided to cut it in half and now have two lily plants that will put out pure yellow blooms next spring. I had to dig out two spots in the lily of the valley plants and put them there. The lily of the valley is getting to be too invasive so I was glad to dig some of them out of there.

It was hot and humid this morning so I had to take a few breaks. I keep finding new things to do. I will just priorities things and do them a day at a time. I still have two different kinds of iris that I need to get back into the ground. They were rescued iris that were growing in bad places.  I think one more garden area is going to be developed. Thanks for stopping by today. 

No comments: