Saturday, August 29, 2026

My Saturday Stuff


 I have a lot  of painted ladies in my garden this summer. More than any other kind of butterfly. I see reports that the monarch is starting to migrate south but we haven't seen anything like that yet. 


 This rose bush has set on new buds all over and it has so many great flowers to see. We go from cold temps to hot temps so it is hard to know what it is doing to the flowers. The word that is out that the weather has messed with our apple orchards and the apples are maturing far earlier than usual. I am frustrated as the tomatoes also are not ripening anymore. We will have three days of heat and I will see what that does to them. 


 I finally found places to plant these iris. We had a rain this morning and afterwards I did find places to squeeze them in the two new iris beds. I dug a new hole and place for the healthier looking iris, It is the black iris, dark purple. I dug a big deep hole and put in fresh new dirt and watered them in to revive them. The rhizomes had been dug up about five days ago and I just now got them planted. 

 

The zinnia always has such great color. All the texture and different shapes makes it a great flower in the garden and as a cut flower.


 I move them in and out of the sun room to give them good light during the day. The plant behind them here has five new blooms, leaf-like shapes, on it. It is a tropical and we keep it watered often,

No big plans for the day. We get projects done in the morning and then rest for the last half of the day. Supper is thawing and we do have sweet corn to add to our meal. that is good stuff. 

Thanks for stopping by today. 
 

 

No comments: