Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The next frame job......

My next frame job is of a long photo like this of many people at a healing revival. It is as long as the one above, about four feet in length. The one above is of downtown Woodward, 1900's. We frame a lot of these long photos for people and they are difficult. We have to special cut the mats by splicing sections of other color into them to stretch a 40 inch mat to a 48 inch mat. There are a lot of the long pictures like this one in town as there was a photographer who had one of those cameras with a shop uptown and he took lots of photos.
At the library is a picture of this era of the neighbors house across the street from us. It was taken probably from our front porch and it shows a dozen or more model Ts lined up and down the street. The barn that once stood on the corner opposite of our once barn on the corner was standing there with a cow in the coral. Incidently the house across the street from us is a reverse duplicate of our house so we could see the porches and summer kitchens that once were on our house back then. Well, I have to cut the frame for the one in the shop tomorrow. We special ordered the glass already and the mat is already cut. I just need to get it together. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How I wish we had snow like that!

Thank you for your remarks at my blog. This is indeed a death and the heart ache of what was and what we were is as deep a grief as any I have known. I was so sorry to read about the loss of your wife to lukemia. It is a place of sorrow I can't even imagine. Your words comforted me and I thank you for it!