Saturday, February 28, 2009

Working in the gallery.....





I have been working in the gallery the past couple of days. Today it was peaceful. Early this morning, Della and I had to send off one of her paintings to Alabama. I made a box for it and we got it matted and packed and ready to go. Della now is in the studio area working on a painting, Button, our poodle, is on the couch and is asleep on a afghan in the living room, Nala is locked in her crate watching me, and Barnabus is laying next to Nala's crate waiting for something exciting to take place.
I am painting on the birdhouses and am not happy with it. I am almost done and really don't like it's look. I work on the framing counter so I have everything strewn all over, I had all the paint cans open and did all of the final touch-ups on each piece. I glued and nailed twenty or so rectangular white wood pieces to replicate windows and I have the base to repaint one more time. Then I should fasten it all together but I just don't like it. I grumbled about it to my wife, but that didn't make it look any better, so I dug under the gallery sink to see what I could find. There is a dark blue sign painting enamel under there so I will try to perk it up with that. I hate that paint as it is not a water base and usually I get it all over myself and it doesn't want to come out of the brush well even with mineral spirits.
Note Barney's pose. He is a rescued Border Collie who has a lot of fears. We don't have good pictures of him because the pointing of a camera in his direction scares him. He doesn't run away but he does not face the camera. I will blog about him some of these days. Already some of you are saying he isn't a border collie because he is tan, not black and white in color. I will tell you about that in a future blog and tell you about what a great fellow he is.
Well I am back to resting again. I am still not happy with my paint job, we will have to see what I will do. I may go get some real shingles stored in the garden shed and shingle it. That may be the problem. Time out for now. Thanks for reading.

No comments: