Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday.......


Two sets of families showed up late afternoon to rake my leaves for us.  I was blessed as I have not had time to address them at this point.  It was almost dark by the time they were done.  Another neighbor came over to check things out and she brought marshmallows for everyone to toast.  It was so nice of these 8 people to give us a blessing with their generosity. 


Norm and Heidi brought three of their children along to help with the raking. I really enjoy all five of their kids and the three that came along worked very hard.  The youngest one was playing scientist  and explorer a lot of the time.  He was the one that was over last year and took home a birds nest and some other things he had found while there.

It was dark before they finished and I had everything burning.  Our friend neighbor lady brought over marshmallows and sticks and everyone had a great treat. The adults too enjoyed them, The little guy kept bringing me his roasting stick as I held the bag of marshmallows. He was back often to roast one at a time. His father was adopted from the Philippines so the little boy is a short sweet five year old. You can see him in the photo between his dad and mom.

I will venture out this afternoon to take shots of the baled corn stocks.  They hit the field and were gone in an hour.  The neighbor said she thought there were 16 bales. 

Rain or shine I need to go take pictures as I am running out of new things to share.  I didn't get my cactus planted over the weekend and I didn't get out to take shots. We are actually hearing sounds of snow flurries but I haven't seen that yet.



I am teaching high school social studies today as the flu finally hit the mother after her three children all had it.  I am hitting subject s like government class, military history and American cultures. I was going to do a Veterans day blog today but maybe I can squeeze in some of the photo research today and post it tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping in today.  I hope that all is well with you at the other end of this line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very heartwarming to see the children joining in to help with the leaves. I think everyone loves marshmallows - that would be a good treat after all that raking!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You got help with your leaves!! Good for you! :)