Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday's Things.........


Corn cobs are strewn everywhere as the corn is being picked and shelled out. The day was a windy one when it was picked so the waste leaves and cobs were flying around as the debris was being dropped out of the back of the combine.

  I know you have seen this shot way too many times but in the evening it is looking like the tree is soon to be bare.


My photos are out of order.  I should have shown this shot first.  We came home from church on Sunday and I could hear the roar of the combine, like a giant monster, eating away at the corn field.  By the time I got out there to take pictures the farmer was gone with all his picked corn leaving us an  open field.  When it starts to snow the deer herd will probably come to eat the cobs and look for stray kernels of corn.





My burning bush trio all turn red at different times.  This is the number two shrub and it has a pretty look with its pale red and light green leaves blending together.  On properties around me the burning bushes are all completely turned to bright red.  I will never figure that out as to why it happens. 

I am a band teacher today administering tests to sixth graders, seventh and eight graders, and high school band members.  They groan a lot as it is paper work but some of the test is also on the computer to help them practice their knowledge of finger holds. 

I see we were getting light sprinkles this morning and it looks like it will be a wet day most of the day.  We are colder and if it keeps it up we will see snow soon.  Thank you for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

My burning bush did no color this year..go figure. I am not sure why ? I saw some othesr in the area that were beautiful..maybe it is a different variety.
Band..have fun! :)