Saturday, November 30, 2013

Prized Shot......


I have remarked so many times that I haven't been seeing the female cardinal.  So days ago I took this shot and I think that I never posted it on either of my blogs. She didn't stay long and I am sure if she ever comes back that I will try for a better picture. 


My small violet starts are growing.  I keep plastic loosely laying over them to keep the moisture in the soil.  I am not have a lot of success with the larger violets but I have a dozen of them again.  Only two of them are blooming.


This is my daily shot of my male cardinal.  I have to keep track that I am giving you a new one each day rather than posting a duplicate.

Our weather has really improved even though cold is still uncomfortable. We are just a warmer cold now. We hit the bookstore yesterday and it wasn't too crowded.  We headed to a major grocery store to pick up a few things and the place was in the middle of a major remodel.  It was weird with building going on all around the store and the hanging ceiling is gone.  New shops and enlarging new spaces where they can will make it a better store.  They have been at it for two months and I think the will not be done for another two months.  We don't regularly shop there but it was close to the bookstore.   Oh yes they had a narrow tunnel like opening to get into the store. That was strange as I doubt that they can handle the large crowds they usually have with they had two large double doors. 


Check out Larry's Photo a Day to see what is with the blue Christmas balls.


Two days left from my nine day break from school.  I think we will just hang at home today and I will keep doing small jobs. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

You must have a close feeder or a good camera lens! Or both! Nice pictures.

Anonymous said...

The female Cardinal is very sweet. Your photos of the male Cardinal remind me of pretty Christmas cards I've seen.
Glad you two had a chance to visit the bookstore. Our fav antique shop is being remodeled and sounds much like your grocery store!
I've been meaning to tell you how pretty the violet is in your header photo.
Have a great day.

Ela said...

Wonderful birds, I like cardinals they are so colorful.
Fantastic photos ! Greetings !