Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday's Gaze...........


The ever available weather visual monitor sits in the snow.  I debate each year about the removing of it and taking it inside.  It has been frozen down some years to the ground so it had to stay outside. I am hoping that it will warm up again and I can lift it out of there.

It is a two day school week because of Thanksgiving so I didn't have work today.  I would be surprise to get called tomorrow either as the staff isn't allowed to take time off before a holiday. If a staff member is sick they will probably gut it out at school.

I am so much better health wise and will get things done around the house this whole week off. I have a walnut frame waiting for me to finish and assemble.  I have picky little jobs that seem to never get done.  I have plants to be trimmed up now that they have come inside.  The hardy geraniums always go into shock and die back two thirds.  I need to trim that all off but will do only a few at a time.  My moratorium on not taking geranium pictures is still on so in a week or so I will shoot some hardy geranium blooms to share again. I do have blooms already but I will resist taking their pictures.  Especially with all the dead leaves sitting on them.


The Christmas angel was never put away this year.  We left it on the buffet all year to enjoy.  I know Thanksgiving has not happened yet but I have a few plans on getting up the trees this year. We put them up for our own enjoyment and we can share them with everyone on our blogs.  So far there are not any Thanksgiving plans.  We will go to Chicago in December and no one will be coming back to Woodward.  We may get together with my wife's brother and his wife but plans really haven't been made. We will probably buy things on Wednesday to cook just in case we are stuck in because of a snow storm.  It sounds like a week of periodic snow all week. 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gazing ball and the angel are so pretty.

All of our close family is going out of state this year for the holiday. We will have a quiet Thanksgiving, too.

I always enjoy your trees and decorations and your wife's collections at Christmas.

Glad you are feeling better. Have a very nice week.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That Angel is so pretty I would keep her up all year long too! Enjoy your time off! :)

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Hope you get a lot of those little things done. The angel is beautiful. I can see why you'd want her out all year! Have a happy Thanksgiving whatever you do.