Saturday, January 17, 2015

It's The Weekend.........


Pointing down and looking up the bird is quit an acrobat.  It is rare to catch a shot at all as they fly in quickly grab a seed and return to at tree branch to open it to eat. I did decide that his is a nuthatch but looking down on them makes it harder to identify.







The sun was reflecting in the globes but the camera really doesn't capture the moment.  I won't be taking these down yet as I will wait until the last snowfall is gone to do so.  It looks good with ornaments and snow together. No reflections today as we seem to be overcast and it is warm.









The cardinal is peeking around to see if the coast is clear.  There is a feeder above him that  has overflow seeds falling to the ground.  They do like to be on the ground but the neighborhood cats and my dogs seem to keep them hesitant to land there. 

Saturday is here and I don't have physical labor on my schedule today.  It has been warm the past two days and there are large periods of time that our furnace just doesn't turn on to heat.  It was good weather to work outside yesterday and I see we are sitting at 36 degree F. this morning.  I don't think we will have a cool down for a while.  The rivers around Des Moines are melted so the bald eagles are having to fish from the water or the shore.  I saw one yesterday flying overhead while driving in the Saylorville, Iowa area.  I wish you all to have a good day today and thanks for stopping by at my post.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You should go to the river with your new camera:)