Saturday, January 31, 2015

Stripes and stuff.......


The stripes make a candy stick look very sweet and good to eat.  The thing that bothers me is the peppermint is so strong.  It is like the punishment for craving the sugar in the candy.  I eat them and always wish that they would cut down on the bite that they put into it.


The last time we had a snow the squirrel took advantage of the overhang on the feeder.  It kept the snow off of his head while he feasted.



I found a new area in the house that needs to been cleaned out and straightened.  Old magazines are great to have but not to store.  The National Geographics are old but the Life and the Look magazines are keepers.  I didn't photograph the rest of the cupboard as it has many things that make it looks like a real mess.

We were out and about this morning for a while but it is starting to rain.  We are suppose to have very bad weather and I still just wait and see.  They have been so wrong for so many times that they have lost my trust.  Maybe there will be snow.  Thanks for coming by today.

4 comments:

Patsy said...


I had ask you about your family photo's -- now I see Sepia Saturday Blog.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

We are helping an aunt and uncle ready many items for a sale and came upon tons of magazines. Life, Look and Nat Geo too. I guess they are quite collectible so they've been boxed for sale eventually.

Anonymous said...

I have reflux and peppermint and I don't get along too well! Karen and I often reminisce about my dad's saying: "who licked the red off your candy?" We think that is so funny! That is a cute pic of the squirrel. I once saved all of my Country Living magazines but after moving them many times, I did donate them!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh we save too many magazines too...I have a cupboard full too. I send BH &G to my daughter along with House Beautiful, and Good Old Days goes to my brother...but that still leaves too many more to deal with:(