Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Start of the Weekend......


The colors of the morning sunrise seems to project the feeling of spring.  It really isn’t yet but we are getting closer.  Snow will fall tomorrow as the weather patterns keep shifting. We have been having below normal temperatures for the past few weeks. Maybe we will warm up to balance that out.

He is still waiting for his mate to return.  He has placed some strands of cornstalk into the old nest but I think he believes the nest is sufficient.



This variegated vine is doing well in its plastic pot.  I like these kinds of plants as they are so forgiving when you don’t water them so regularly.

The sparrows will always come to feed if the other varieties don’t. The house finches are in smaller numbers to the feeder. I don’t know it they start making their nests already but they could be starting on that. I have yet to get a goldfinch to my thistle seed feeder.



As I was headed back upstairs from doing chores with the fish and birds. I glanced over to the gallery and saw this barn painting.  I created this about 10 years ago and it really does represent our Iowa spring days.  The colors of fresh green with clouds in a blue sky. In southern Iowa, as a kid on the farm, there would be the sounds of meadow larks and red-wing blackbirds. I bet we have meadow larks near here in the land preserves but I doubt that I will hear them in our neighborhood.

The weekend is here and even being retired we do have our Saturday and Sunday events to make the weekend different than the week. I hope everyone is having a good day.  Thanks for stopping by at my post today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Barns I never get tired of looking at, I have one some where
a photo I took.
Spring has come to our house, flowers and trees blooming all over
next will be the oaks and the green pollen.

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely barn painting. Winter is my least favorite season and I am enjoying seeing spring's beauty. We are enjoying the birds this time of year, also.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love the Iowa barn scene, it is lovely and very springlike. I hope your Robin's mate shows up soon:)