Sunday, November 26, 2023

Snow and No Sun.....


 Our first snow happened over night. It is just the beginning of things to come. It was less than two inches in depth and it is melting some thid afternoon.



When one has company the serving dishes are dug out from storage.  I found this one that was used for white grapes.  The depressionware bowl is old coming from my mom's collection. I like seeing the starburst pattern that is in the bottom of the bowl. That company made all sorts of items, small bowls, goblets plates and each piece has that design in it. The sugar bowl in the background is one that we use to put spare silverware inside to be on the table in case another spoon might be needed. In the old days the spoon container was a way to have silverware ready for a meal. I remember seeing an old couple's farm table with which all of their daily silverware was standing handle side down ready for use.



I brought my birdhouse inside but haven't taken it downstairs for storage. It looks good there in the sunroom but I will get it downstairs soon. 



An evening of fun was had as the grandchilren put together the gingerbread house kits with all the adults help. The one grandson wanted to eat one and it was quite a task as the parts are dried out, hard gingerbread parts. I know he liked the hard froating regardless.

We are having a quiet Sunday afternoon. We are going this evening to visit a church to attend Christmas  musical presentations.  Different music will be performed.. We have a friend and her son singing a special part in the program. We will come home to get warmed up as it is cold out there.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I love those gingerbread houses!

Val Ewing said...

I have a few pieces of depression glass too. My father didn't like having them around as it reminded of living through the depression.

I think they are unique and beautiful. My MIL always had a container on the table for extra silverware too.

Good memories.

Love those gingerbread houses!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You got a nice snow:)