Thursday, November 9, 2023

Thursday's Things.....


 I don't think fish have that big of brains. What the do have is enough memory ti know that when I walk up to the tank ground up fishfood will fall to the surface. The guppies are just as good at remembering who feeds them 



Every three months we receive a box of products from Israel. There could be pottery pieces for artists, wood carvings, trivets, spices, chocolate spread and olives.  The tray above was created by an artist  who designed all the things that grow so well in that country. 



Artwork from an Armenian artist includes detailed designs, hand painted characteristics. The Armenians, Christians,  live in one quarter of the four quarters in the old city of Jerusalem. This is a tile in wonderful blue colors. The goal of the art boxes is to support artists and product makers all over Israel. 



The shofar, a rams horn, was a gift from my wife. The horn is blown at the end of each month and also for a call for help from God.  I blow it better now than when I first received it as a gift. The opening of the horn is oblong so it makes one have to use your lips, formed tightly, to blow through that shape. It is fun and I wonder if the neighbors hear me blow it.  If I get right I want to go out on the deck and blow it at dusk. 

I cut back a dogwood bush today.  It was a radical haircut.  I now have to figure out how to get rid of all the limbs.  It isn't easy when you live in a city like mine.  They let us throw away branches twice a year on one day each.  That isn't very helpful for a town of 70,000 residents. I waited to cut back the shrub as the birds were eating all the berries.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Interesting about the Rams horn, I hope you try it out on the neighborhood!

Val Ewing said...

Odd that they only allow you 2 days a year for brush! Some of the bigger towns I lived in would have a place to take brush cut up for compost. I'm lucky that I can pile mine up and do what I please with it.