Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Tuesday's Today....


 Sunrise is cold as we reached 11°F.  It was too cold for me to turn off the lights until I had officially become dressed for the day.  It was nice to have it on all night as a beacon of Christmas to come. Yes I had intended to shut them off at night.



A cold morning meant the birds were picking through the snow to find seed. We are just above freezing now this afternoon. It is not thawing like gang busters but it is taking off some of the snow.  The snow is off the roofs and some of the grass is peeking through.



I have shared the history of this canna lily many times.  It didn't bloom during the drought. Now that it is no the pot and in the sunroom it starting to bud.  Actually it gets carried into the living room every evening as we don't heat the sunroom at night. I kept wishing for a bud and there it is as living proof. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I've never seen a canna lily bloom indoors! That is really great!

It was in the single digits here too and today -- Wednesday -- we are supposed to warm up.

I wonder if they make a timer that would work outside for you on your tree? I use a timer indoors and it works pretty nicely. I don't have any outdoor lights, there is no one around except the woodland creatures to see them!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty tree I bet many of your neighbors enjoyed the lights all night!