Saturday, June 15, 2024

Saturday.....


 The new, young mourning dove exhibit many unusual behaviors at first when the leave the nest. Some teeter back and forth on railings to learn their ways of balance.  This one decided to take a nap on the deck floor. I first couldn't figure out what was going on as if it was dead or injured. It started to blink and I could see it was just resting on the warm deck wood.


One of my taller Asiatic lilies is blooming.  It showed buds early but I didn't notice until I looked out seeing all that color. I moved this from the old place where I remember where it use to grow against a fence. 



I am not good at remembering names on any of my hosta. I think I brought this from my old place but I don't remember buying it.  What is a surprise is that it is growing to be so large. It is dwarfing a couple of hosta growing next to it. it is also crowding out one of my iris. I may just move the iris. 



I like placing my ceramic, slab-built on posts to elevate them to accent the garden. The ceramic pieces don;t weather like the wood birdhouses. 


When I brought in the flag last night I saw a moon that needed to be photographed. I don't understand how the earth can cause a shadow on the moon to create a half moon. It was too perfect at a half that I had to just go back and snap it.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

The ceramic house is so beautiful! I love it!

Also, great shot of the moon. I was asleep last night and didn't even look for it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such pretty lilies! Nice of you to provide a warm place to rest for the Morning Dove:)

Val Ewing said...

Nice shot of the moon! I didn't get a shot of it the other night...I was sound asleep!