Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Tuesday......


 It makes a big splash in the garden. The color leans more towards an red orange but has such a strong color.I need to go to the area to see if anymore zinnias are emerging. One set of seed has grown but the other has not.  They were planted at the very same time.



My one day lily is starting to bloom. This one looks weathered because it usually is such a pure color.



The regale lily seems to out do itself each season. My grandmother use to have these and she would spend all of her time counting them. I don't think I will do that.  I am busy mowing my yard and my neighbor's, who is very sick in the hospital. He had mowed my yard with another neighbor when my wife was so sick. I mowed his front yard as if it were all one big yard connected to mine.  It looks really good. I am really concerned for my friend who is the hospital.



My tomatoes are looking great. I only have four this year and had planted them in the late eveing one day while my wife was still in the hospital. I wasn't going to plant any but there was a nursery attached to the grocery store where I could pick up some plants easily while running for a sandwich for supper. 

We are hot again today.  The sound of men shingling a neighbor's yard rings out all day.  It is windy today so it made the yard mowing easier so I am sure the guys on the roof are a little better off. The heat though is up to 91 degrees F.  I am grilling a steak tonight for supper. Northern Iowa is going to get storms today as we are just looking overcast now. It is a gray afternoon.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice of you to mow your neighbors lawn! Your Lilies look great!