Tuesday, September 24, 2013

No Title Day...........


I shot this through my living room window.  It is the same window that I shoot pictures of ice storms, rain storms and snow storms.  This is a pretty green sight at this point and the sun was shining into the camera.


A snap of the piece of walnut that I am going to use to make a frame.  I had not noticed that it had a burl pattern in it.  The burl is the area where branches grow out of the trunk.  I will keep you up to date on the progress of this as I get started by cutting it up into strips for the frame sides. I have a very old walnut table that was my grandmother's which has a fold down side that has a wonderful burl pattern on it.  The opposite fold down side is just plain Jane.


 I dug some iris yesterday and moved them hopefully in a better location.  I did dig a couple of iris to give away.  I have more iris to move but I was really outside trimming back trees and shrubs.  I ventured into my garden shed in the afternoon and started clearing things again.  I have two other men's tools in my shed.  I have to do something about disposing some of them.  Antique tools need to go somewhere.  I don't have plans to ever do drywall work in my life now so I don't need all my brothers carpenter tools.  I think I have a dozen hammers that do various things.  The antique hatchet I will keep and the sledge hammers in two sizes I will keep.


The thing that I find most difficult is that all those tools need to sorted.  I have so many boxes of them that I need to find other containers to throw them into so I can really just sort.  I have too many socket sets and I found my own stuff in one bucket that was all the tools that I used to work on my parents home two years ago.


I will finish today by taking a Coca-Cola break.  It is a small tray that isn't very old but it is a replica of an old tray.  It is the one and only thing that I have in this collection.  That is a good thing.

It is Tuesday already and homecoming week at school.  I didn't get called in yesterday and we will see if I get  called in today.  I may put my name in at the Granger Elementary and up my odds to get work.  I hope you have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that first photo! John and Larry had the same problem with old tools from 2 different families. John sold a lot at yard sales. That's a great Coke tray. I hope you get a call to teach today. I would feel safer with elementary students I think!

L. D. said...

I did get called in today. I am glad. I am moving from one classroom to another to cover for teachers who are out wandering into everyone's classroom.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is one beautiful walnut board! Your frame should be beautiful! :)