Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday......


The roma plants have all ripened now at the same time.  They started off with just a few ripening but now the whole lot is ready to be picked.



It is the same color as the tomatoes.  I guess I just created a theme.  Every night the planters get to be watered.  Especially after a day of 99 degrees F.


As if this is a bookends type of blog, I will finish with more tomatoes.  This variety could  have put out larger fruit but still they are doing well in spite of where they have to grow.

I am in the special needs room today after a day off yesterday.  I will again follow a young man around the building to his different classes.  I bet it will be another day of early dismissal because of the heat.

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Caroline Gill said...

Thank you for dropping by on my blog, Larry. Those tomatoes look oh so appetising! And lovely to have 'bookend' post.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice lookin tomatoes. Just hoping we get some more heat and sun to ripen the last of ours.

Anonymous said...

Colorful photos, Larry. These are pretty tomatoes. I am definitely ready for cooler temps.

Far Side of Fifty said...

At 1 o'clock I bet they have their time in for State Aid. I hope you get paid for a full day! Your tomatoes look great! :)