Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Weekend is Here..........


Weeds and all I share with you today.  I am not completely finished but I am done enough that the fence will hold in my tough dogs.  It is all recycle except for the nails.  I had in the shed, while browsing in my garden shed, some siding from a railroad car.  It is a long story how I own them but anyway there were boards there that I could cut down into long strips.  The pallet wood was used for all the vertical pieces. You can see the new area of dirt and stumps from the forsythia bush are still in view.



The gap between the top and the main section has yet to be finished.  I am thinking of options of boards to put in there for a garden decoration.  I would like circles of wood shaped like cheerios but I am too lazy for that.  I will wait for that perfect idea to jump into my head.

I am going to put a finial on the corner post for decoration.  The older section of fence isn't a secure fence for Button as he learned earlier when I built that a few years back that he could fit through that square hole.  I have woven fence wire installed along the bottom row of that older one.  I know that the wood that I used would not keep out raging bulls but it will weather for at least 10 years or more.  I may paint the crosspieces the same blue as the gate door.

Our youngest son and his wife stopped in last evening to visit the house and the dogs.  They took us out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory after a visit. Barney really likes Aaron's wife Keegan as he was petted continually by her while they visited.  He had remembered that she was a dog lover from the last time she was here and laid his head in her lap for repeat petting.  We had a good meal at the Jordan Creek Mall and then returned home late in the evening.



This morning we will meet with them again for brunch before they take off for a northern Iowa bbq with Aaron's college friend this evening.  They then head north for the lake in Minnesota where he spent his summers growing up in the Grand Rapids area.  I have taken a lot more photos so I won't have to repost old ones for now.  I spent time yesterday chasing and standing around trying to photograph a new butterfly to our area.  I did not succeed.  It was a hyper butterfly while the swallowtails just lounge around for their pictures to be taken. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

8 comments:

Dan the Mountain Man said...

The fence looks great. When finish it will make a great addition to your yard.

Dolly said...

Oh, I like that fencing in it's natural state. Wish I had wood to do something like that!

Far Side of Fifty said...

A planter box would look great on the top of that section of fence! Pained Blue of course:)

Patsy said...

Fence looks good and blue will make it even better. You did a great job.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

That is one handsome fence- I like it!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job and I like Far Side's idea of a blue planter.

So happy that your son and dil have been able to visit.

The phlox sure is pretty.

The Furry Gnome said...

Fence looks good to me!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

That is looking good! Nice job.