Friday, October 14, 2016

Final Finish of the Week......



One should always go buy donuts to get through Friday and the weekend.  I actually freeze them and dole out one for each us each morning for breakfast.



I had to rush out and pick on Wednesday evening as it was forecasted to be freezing.  It did get to 30 F. but mild damage was all that happened.  I had a lot of morning glory vines gone and then I had the ones next to the house bloom again.


The cherry tomatoes are hard to pick when you are in a hurry so I picked them by the bunch.  I didn't get all of them picked but we had plenty to eat for the past month. Most of these will ripen in the house as time goes by and it is nice for them to ripen slowly.


The burning bushes are feeding my birds with all those red berries.  I see them in the shrubs often.

The petunias were good for me this year for something I planted late in the summer.

It is good that it is Friday.  Our neighbor lady is taking us on an adventure tomorrow and I will share pictures of trains when I get back.  Sunday we travel to Osceola for a guy who has a 100th birthday.  It will be a filled weekend of many things to do.  I may get a project in there somewhere worked on but I won't be certain unless a large gap of time shows up in my life.
Thank you for stopping by today.  I appreciate your visit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The doughnuts look so tasty! I confess that we picked up 4 apple fritters at our local doughnut shop today for the weekend.
Love seeing the burning bush. Where we had trees cut and the debris piled up, the birds are just loving it.
Sounds like a pleasant out and about weekend and I hope you both enjoy.

Anonymous said...

p.s. I remember one year, John picked all the tomatoes and kept them to ripen slowly and we actually had his tomatoes with our Thanksgiving dinner!

Patsy said...

Yum! your very on home grown tomatoes
.
See you took my advice and having some personal fun, that work will still be there when you get back. LOL

The Furry Gnome said...

Donuts for breakfast! How delightfully decadent.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Donuts ~ I dreamed about them before waking up this morning. As a kid, I remember a truck that used to come around on the weekend selling fresh doughnuts. What a treat they were!

Your tomatoes are quite the harvest.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh those doughnuts look great! Your Burning Bush reminds me that I need to photograph mine. :)