Thursday, October 13, 2016

Green For Now........


As I complained for a couple of years about what to do with the peperomia plant.  I have found its purpose now.  It makes a great display plant in the middle of the dining room table.  It paid off to have it outside all summer as it branched out to look like a larger vine with large shiny leaves.



I picked up a second one now to grow.  I am thinking that it is a different variety.  They are easy to care for as they can be ignored and survive. If they would not drop the prices down so low that they are practically free I would not be buying another one.




There was not a cloud in the sky this morning as we had below freezing temperatures.  The temperature zones in the sky held down the smell of a neighboring pork plant so the odor was outside everywhere and was being drawn in to the school building. The plant is 8 miles away and many times the town itself smells bad but every once in a while it spreads for miles.

I will have to take a tour of the property this afternoon to see what survived the 30 degree temperatures.  I am betting some plants will fade quickly now.  My favorite hosta looked great two days ago.

It is Thursday and I keep getting further behind on all work.  It will be nice to have a weekend coming up even if both days are taken by two others people's plans.  I hope all are safe and warm today.  Thanks for stopping by at my blog.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

You need a personal vacation from all that work!
I have gotten lazy living here watching the gardener!!
This cool air here was chilling this morning.
Winter is coming.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

I like the peperomia plant. I will keep my eyes open for one somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cold weather already!
I love the plant on your dining table and the new one is pretty too.
I wish you and Della a very nice Friday and I hope your weekend will be productive but relaxing.