Saturday, April 17, 2010

So many photos, so little time.......

It will be late summer before I get all my springs photos posted. We had a nice rain and it made everything better for the blooms that were ready to open.


My wife and I went to my parent's home today and worked way too hard finishing up a bathroom remodel.  We have to put in a fake wainsctting and a tile (stickdown) squares for a floor and we are done!!!!
I quickly dug a plant for a northern blogger and also dug these tulips in mom's garden.  I have mixed feelings about selling the place because of the flowers but I can't bring them all home.


Back home, the hosta plants are starting to pop.  I like the variegated leaves most but I have a couple others that look great too.


This is that multi headed daffodil.. they actually have multiplied and I have more of them.  I have a very pink rose the grows up and out above the daffs after they bloom.


Another closer view of these flowers.


My violets are blooming all over the property.  This is a lone two colored wild violet.


The purple wild violet looks a little faded but the sun shining on them made them look lighter in value than they really are.

Saturday is here and I hope to go with my wife to a bookstore. We have achy muscles from rolling paint in the bathroom remodel project.  I rolled the ceilings while she rolled the walls.  I did all the edging painting and then helped with the second coats on everything.  The shower stall turned out great with the dry wall surround that I created for it.  I think we have definitely turned the corner on getting this first bathroom done. We have another to do with a lot less problems than this one.   Tearing out a shower and  replacing drywall where the mold had taken over, then installing a newer bigger shower was a challenge but fun.  It feels good to finally feel like the end is in site on this particular room.  When I put the door back on the bathroom and shut the door, it will be officially done. 

Thanks for stopping by......

7 comments:

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Holy crap!....I'm tired from just reading all that you and your wife did. But I can so relate to the bathroom job, as we, or should I say my two sons ( 22 and 25 yrs young ) are just finishing remodeling our main bathroom.
We had to gut it all out, right down to the beams. My younger son did all the pluming and electric and my older son did the sheet rock, spackle, paint and all the tile work.
I had the fun part....planning the colors and design and shopping for all the new fixtures!

Your flower photos are always so enjoyable...you've got quite the knack for capturing their beauty. I love daffodils! I plant so many bulbs but mine don't multiply, so I have to buy more every few years or so.

A trip to the book store....nice! Which book store? And what are you looking to buy? Poetry??? : )

Sunny said...

Remodeling is so exhausting. We did my MIL's bathroom a few years ago...lots of work!
I love the spring flowers. Hope you get a chance to enjoy your Saturday.
Sunny :)

Ezhilan said...

We too have many remodeling jobs in our home. It is funny to do even though it is painful!I love all the flower pics you have taken.

Rae said...

Isn't it odd how we form such attachments to flowers and plants. When my mother passed away I had a hard time saying goodbye to her rose garden. I wanted to save them all for myself, but it wasn't possible. She had lovely flower beds. Tulips, Irises, Peonies... Now they are all gone -destroyed by the new owner. It infuriates me to think that someone could do that.

L. D. said...

My neighbor had the misfortune of losing her house to the bank and the new owner power mowed down large gardens of hosta and other perennials. Filled in the fish pond and it is all flat green grass for his wife to mow.

The Retired One said...

Love those violet photographs!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You could bring them all home with you..but perhaps some young gardener will buy that place and be just thrilled! :)