Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday's Mayhem........


It is crowded in my corner garden.  The redtwig dogwood is getting too big.  As you can see it is over shadowing the red fernleaf peony.  It also is crowding three iris and a large hollyhock plant.



As you can see the iris is doing well.  I don't remember what the color is of the iris but it looks like it is a hybrid variety. I am going to have to prune the dogwood away from behind this grouping.



This is a closer view of the iris buds. The wind and cold has not been great for the peonies. They tend to stay closed most of the time because there isn't enough heat for them to open completely.  Maybe today when it gets up to 66 degrees F.



Among the crowd stands my dependable blue boy holding his weathered leaf. The hollyhock is so large already that this guy is going to have to be moved.  Oh yes, I have tulips in this garden too as you can see.

I will be spending my day in the Science room, studying soap and also the planets. I think it it the chemical reaction between things that they are studying in soap in which bubbles are formed.

Thanks for stopping by my post today.






1 comment:

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

I have a red twig dogwood and it tends to reach to far too. I like to prune it in the winter and bring in the nicest branches for a little stick display.