Saturday, March 1, 2014

Saturday Sun to Come...........


It doesn't look like a spring sky but the sun is trying to shine through. It snowed yesterday and we are promised more through Sunday. It is going to snow again this afternoon. It is so cold again that 9 degrees F.  will be our high.  I was out putting corn for the squirrels and I see that I am now out of corn.

 This is the last ear.  My neighbor says she will give me an old bag of corn.  She had to quit feeding her squirrels because her terrier dog, Penny, would try to tear up the curtain and blind and the couch while trying to scare away the invading creature at the window.  It seems too cold to go get it but I will be over there at least one time today. 







The time is near for me to plant these seeds. The packages got wet but I don't think the moisture soaked in the glossy paper. Last year I didn't get them into the ground soon enough. I want to start them under my plant light this year which will make them be stronger and larger when they go into the ground. I was in line the other day when a guy had over forty packages of seeds to buy and plant. I can't imagine what he was going to do with all the plants unless he sells them at community outdoor markets.


It didn't melt enough the days when we warmed to a thaw as you can see this yew is still smashed to the ground.  It is a large shrub that I photograph and post on here a lot of times but it remains loaded down.  It will revive by the fourth of July.

No big plans today.  I didn't have Saturday school and it is too cold to venture far from home.  I do hope we don't get snowed in tomorrow for Sunday school.  Our classes have grown and it is hard not to have the two teachers showing up for duty.

We are both under the weather today.  I sat in a room with a guy who had a bad cold for the past two days.  I am hoping that I don't get it.  I think my weariness is just being tired and old age aches. Thanks for stopping by today and everyone take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes with starting your seeds. I hope you both feel better. Maybe some rest and staying indoors is what you need. Take care.

Gary said...

Larry,
“40” packets of tomato seeds?!! Lawd, I can’t imagine, but as you said he may be going into “business”. You must keep us posted on the progress of your own tomato planting this year, I too must begin thinking of our own tomato crop. Hoping you guys are feeling much improved today. I truly hope you did not pick a cold which in this weather seems to be as abundant as the snow. Take care.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Snow is coming here this week, Larry. I have not been filling the feeders because the starlings and grackles are such seed-hogs. But, this week I broke down and put seed in one of the tube feeders for the juncos. Hope you are feeling better and getting some rest over the weekend.