Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday's Things......


One last bloom stands amongst the destruction.  The rest of the field of flowers are all dead. Once in a while I can see a finch pulling seeds from the seed heads. 


If I have the time I do clear off the flowers in the fall.  Sometimes when I don't they make a great set of sculptures in the snow. With the sunflowers all leaning sideways or broken off from their stems, it looks like a graveyard.  The tomatoes and zinnias next them are still pretty much green. 




I added another seed head to yesterdays sunflower head and included the maple leaf that has great color. It is a true fall arrangement lacking of pumpkins and gourds in the arrangement.





I have so many shots of my one birch by the house that I will just add them one each day.  The white of the birch reflects its surrounding colors and at this time the yellow of the leaves is very powerful. 


Back at school today and I  am glad it is Thursday.  The whole week gets to be long but we are all learning willingly and not so willingly.   Geological time lines are getting done and the study of chlorophyll continues.  We will be done with a lot of these units and have to move on to new things in Science.  Thank you for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Your birch tree is very nice. The finches do like seed heads. They are so fun to watch feeding on the flowers.

The Furry Gnome said...

I love that picture of the birch!