Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thursday and Button is Better...........


Button is so much better.  He recovered well by eating a lot of food yesterday and is doing almost everything the same as before he fell. We can now pick him up without any complaint. I still think he bruised his rib cage as he would lay on his side all the time to sleep instead of laying on his belly.  He has been sleeping a lot which helped him heal up faster.  We know when he is better when he trots along behind us to wherever we go.  He is back to making a lot of requests for treats and food.



I went out into the hot afternoon sun and found butterflies eating at the coneflowers.  One monarch tamed up enough to land on my shoulder and red admirals were everywhere.  The smaller yellow ones and white ones darted in and out.  I think the butterflies were getting tired of the continual two plus days of rain.


The red admiral likes to eat with its wings open.  It makes for great photos.  The monarch doesn't eat with its wings open so I could not get a shot of the full wing span. I guess some monarchs are less hyper than this one and I have taken photos of them when they are slow movers. 










The rains knocked off a lot of petals off of the blooming roses.  This bud stood strong and is putting out a subtle color.  It will be more pink as it opens .



















I will go out this morning and finish up some of my mowing.  The flowers are not too quick to stand back up and I am not sure that I can coax them up with a stake and string.  I will watch the mass of flowers for a while and see what happens.   We have less humidity today but the heat will be high again today.  There is dew on the ground right now but it will evaporated quickly.  Thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Beautiful coneflowers , my coneflowers are looking bad and they are laying over. The phlox is laying over too.
I got the book and can't believe how it sounds like (todays)
world that is being pushed on us. Only less than 70 years later.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and thankful that Button is so much better! Great news and I know your hearts are lighter today.
These are the most wonderful pics - so crisp and clear. Perfect butterflies and coneflowers and that rose is exquisite!
We had enough rain yesterday late aft. that we did not have to water. That is such a blessing as the humidity and mosquitoes make watering a frustrating job!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear that Button is better! Your Coneflowers are beautiful! As are the butterflies:)