Sunday, January 17, 2016

Found........Again.


A blurry shot of  a fruit jar of ornaments that I had lost. I have a storage cupboard that my dad had made and it sits next to the birds in the spare room.  The cupboard has two large doors and for some reason things were always sitting in front of the bottom door. We were frantically looking for a long lost ethernet cable that we needed.  We never did find the wire but I found two jars of these ornaments and a box filled with brass bells and children's blocks. I also found an old wooden cigar box filled with buttons and one marble.


The dining room table became an explosion of things as I was going through all that was there. I did discover that the majority of my shiny brites were my moms as she had made thread hangers for each one. When I counted earlier this month I found I only had 3 true shiny brites but I know that I have a lot more in these two batches. 





I know that these are antique but they are not glass.  They must be the early plastic ones that were made, maybe, during the war.

As I sit here in the living room blogging,  I can feel the wind has picked up.  It is a strong wind and the room is now colder.  In a old house you know what direction in which the wind is blowing during the winter time.  We were down to -6.5 F. (-21.3 C.) at 5 am.  We are to warm up to maybe -4 F. as the day goes on.

We have a long future with cold air now so we are truly having an Iowa winter.  We have a light snow that will be blowing around most of this day.  Thank you for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well that was fun stuff to find! You should clean up a sleigh bell for AJ as a Christmas Ornament. I have a bunch that I need to clean up for my grands, tie a ribbon on them and hang in the tree:)

Red said...

Now the box of wooden blocks is certainly a found again item.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's always fun to find unexpected (or misplaced) treasures.