Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Green Growth........


As I walked around in the brown colors of dead leaves on the ground, I was happy to see some green things are coming back.  One of my favorite iris plants did survive the winter and will be blooming again.

 Tulips are popping up also in various locations. I really don't like to clear things off yet as the moisture we have can stay in the ground with the leaf cover. My property is covered with sticks from the various wind storms we had this past winter.  I pick up a few wherever I go and place them into piles in the yard.  I will get serious on a warmer day and pick them up in the wheel barrow. The bigger branches do get to be drug over to the burn pile area.


I don't remember as to what these purple sprouts are but they may just be a different kind of tulip. I haven't looked to see if some of the other kinds of bulb plants are up yet but they will be coming pretty soon. A few days of early morning sun and that will bring them to light.



A loose stem of hydrangea in the yard puzzles me.  I don't think it is from my plant but I guess it could be.  We had strong winds in every direction this winter.




A planned set up of the dried bloom makes for a more impressive shot. It will be quite a while before we see these blooming again.


I don't go into work today until noon.  I have plans to get tomato seeds planted this morning. I never did get commercial soil bought but I do have a planter full of dirt in the basement. I have to rethink the tomato garden location this year. I may have to move some dog fence to get it to happen now that I have full sun in my back yard. The full sun should make a lot of my plants in the back yard grow differently.  Maybe some plants will react better and I think I have a few that may not like it. I hope spring-like weather that we are having will stay for a while but we will see. Rain is coming this evening to help wash away a lot of dirt.

Have a good day and thanks for checking in on my blog today.

4 comments:

Patsy said...

It is hard to believe winter has passed us so quickly.
We are in for much rain the next 4 days.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Always interesting to see what blew in.

The Furry Gnome said...

Still snow here, but melting fast.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Tulips will be blooming soon if the warm weather keeps up at your place! I bet those darker sprouts are red or purple tulips! We have lots of twigs in our yard too, enough to make the yard look very unkempt! :)