Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday is a Done Deal.............


The colors really are not true here in this photo but it still shows how robust the iris are of this variety.  While at the old place I dug a rhizome of the deep purple one to move to the new place.


The old fashioned yellow with brown falls is still one of my favorites. I remember it as a kid thinking it looked unnatural with those two colors together as one bloom. I can still visualize my Aunt Lois with here jars of water and bunches of these iris being carefully placed at the different tombstones at the Moon Cemetery.  That was a long time ago when I was a kid and we would go to the cemetery there after a family reunion at Macksburg, Iowa.   My great-grandparents  are buried there as well as my Grandmother and Grandfather. I assume a lot of my grandmother's brothers are buried there too.


Clear skies in the morning are welcomed after so many cold, rainy days.  We did warm up today and it sounds like it will be warm for at least one more day. We have a busy weekend ahead of us along with our hospital visits.  We now are driving to get the cousin's husband. taking him to the hospital each morning. He doesn't want to stay long as he is frail, but he really misses her and wants to see her even if is such a short time.  They have been married 54 years.

We will fit in a graveside service in the afternoon in southern Iowa.  My brother and his wife will be there and it will be so nice to see them. My sister-in-law's dad passed away in the winter and now we have a graveside service for his cremains.

I wish everyone to have a great long weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankful that your cousin's husband can visit with her even if for only a short time. How kind of you both to help them when no one else will take the time. Thankful you can see your brother and sil - my sympathy to her in the loss of her Dad. These are pretty photos you have shared.