Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Tuesday’s Things…


 A new nest on top of an old nest. It is a new thing for me to see. The other thing unusual is what is going on on the opposite beam.



This is a bad, but artistic, shot of the other robin's nest.  I didn't know that they were that friendly to one another.

 
 
 We are still at the hospital. Della is better but still has not been able to walk. Supposed ly Medicare is going to kick us out in seven days unless a doctor can give them a reason to keep her on for a while longer. Decisions are in the works but I can't say anything is etched in stone.  They had here sitting in a chair this morning while I was gone to do my chores at the house.  Della is on a  better diet of soft food now and not strained thin food.  She is learning how to chew and swallow to cover for the venting injuries. A good solid diet of real food might make here have some strength again. 
 


3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Sending good vibes for your wife!

Rose said...

I was hoping things were progressing faster. I do think real food will make her feel more herself. Maybe then things will go better.

Val Ewing said...

This has to be difficult for you and Della too of course. I sure hope they can work out a swing bed situation for her to keep getting appropriate care.

As for nests? I do see birds build on top of old nests once in a while!