Sunday, January 3, 2016

Let it all Shine.......


A new purchase for next years tree.  They are made from glass and are a larger size of ball than my older smaller ones.




The blue ones are larger than the new ones.  Through thorough inspection the blues ones are plastic and not glass. I should have bought more of the red ones now that I look back at what was available.



Big plastic blue, new red glass and an old red glass sit in a row. I inspected all my older glass balls and discovered that I only have three shiny brites out of all the collection.  I inherited some from my parents estate and among those were some my brother had bought when he was in college in 1967.  I bought some of the same size in 1972.  I have more with the name of rauch marked on them than any others. There a few that have HD marked on them and one medium shown above says made in USA.



I didn't put these on a tree this year.  We have too many decorations so I just kept these in a display jar.









We were home late from church today so that explains the lateness of this blog.  I hope are all well today.  I am grumbling today because it turned cold again today.  I hope that all are well.  Thanks for stopping by today.


4 comments:

Patsy said...

Fun getting ready for next year, It is cold now. Today I saw some spring flowers coming up it has been to warm. You know they will be on Mondays blog. LOL

Anonymous said...

Very nice ornaments. It is cold here today, too.
Stay warm and safe this week.

The Furry Gnome said...

We got another 4" or snow, so 8-10" now.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice day here today! Well nice for Minnesota! Your new red ornaments are very pretty:)