Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday Stuff.........


The sky is clear and blue.  In Iowa that means it is cold. We will be colder tomorrow.  I have thought about making the birdhouse into a feeder during the winter but it is too tall for me to reach.  I would have to have a pole and bucket system going to get it to work. Birds would love it if there was seed placed up there.


We get to see the glow in the sky this morning.  Even seeing the sun so clearly lets us know that it is a cold day. The thermometer reads 7 degrees F. (-14 degrees C.) It has frozen solid all the snow formations that became because of the earlier thawing day.  Frozen dog tracks are everywhere in the back yard.

I took out shelled corn in a feeder for the squirrels and I was surprised they had not found it.  So I placed loose corn on the tops of three of my fence posts to help lure them in to the feeder.  Now that I think about it a squirrel was hitting the bird feeder yesterday instead of the feeder filled with corn. At this rate I should have corn for a year if they don't start eating it. Once snow starts to fly they will be in for a snack.



Hanging around in the cold it the little garden guy.  I will grab him up and bring him in the next time that I take the dog outside.

I am moving slowly today.  I was looking for a lost ethernet cable this morning and found some brass bells in a box and two jars of old shiny brites.  I was surprise to see them but they were placed in a cupboard that I had the door blocked with stuff.  We were out for a short while this morning but we are now in for the day.  The cold stings your skin.  The wind is starting to pick up and we have light snow flakes coming down. Since I started this blog earlier the sky is now overcast and gray.  Everyone stay safe and warm.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That's quite the majestic birdhouse!

Far Side of Fifty said...

We are safe and warm and in for the duration of this cold spell. It is -20 right now, headed to -30...I hope you don't get this cold. Chance makes his trips out real quick! We are feeding the squirrels corn too, it keeps them out of the feeders..mostly:)