Monday, January 18, 2016

The Saga Continues......


I am about ready to put all of these things away and maybe leave them out in view in the storeroom. Having not seen them for a few years, it is still a relief to have found them.  Old age sets in when you forget you had jars of ornaments.  I was clued in earlier last month when I saw a photo of one of the jars in one of my past blogs.  I still was confused about it all.

The box has had its contents cleaned and dusted so it looks a lot better.  I have blogged about most of the stuff in there a few years back.  The lidded item is an ink well that fits into the holes that were in our school desks.  I may photograph it and relive the schoolhouse years again with those holes.  The glass containers I have also that fit inside the metal well.




The blocks are a collectors item with their grooves to help them fit together.  The letter U is on one side and an umbrella is on the other.  I had at one time blocks from an old country school but these are not them as they were plain ones with not grooves.  I think these are family blogs from the boys grandparents home.





I am concerned that the amaryllis will never bloom.  It had a stem sprouted out while it was in the box when I bought it.  The stem doesn't seem to be going to grow tall and the bud has been showing color for over a week.  Maybe it doesn't like the dull light and cold weather outside.  I will keep you posted.

It is a day off from school today so I am enjoying being free from work.  The cold weather is not tolerable but we do what we have to do to survive.  We need to run an errand this day and will wait until it warms up to at least 10 degrees F. I was up with the dog in the middle of the night and I noticed that from - 6 it had warmed up to -0.3 at four in the morning. We are in the positive temps now but it will never get much better all day.

I thank you for stopping by today.




2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stay warm! Still way below zero about -10 now I will do bird feeders and that is about it. Lots of projects await! I didn't realize that those old block locked together:)

Patsy said...

WOW! I don't think I could make it out side with temperatures
Like yours. Hope the amaryllis does bloom with joy that will light up the room.