Wednesday, December 14, 2016

At the Feeder......


The sparrows share the feeder with the ringneck dove.  It is keeping me busy stocking the seed in the feeder.  I know if we had more snow on the ground that I would have a larger variety at the feeder.



The squirrels have their own feeder filled with shelled corn.  The rabbits like this feeder as they collect the droppings from the leftover of the squirrels..


The downey woodpeckers are glad to get to the suet. I have another downey that has the red top notch that visits the site. The finches are ignoring the seed bag that hangs behind the suet feeder.


The weather is a major factor effecting our lives right now.  I know the birds will need more help as the days become colder.  We have a couple of errands to run today so we will have to bundle up just to get to the car.  I know my various readers are experiencing challenging weather.  It will be either too much snow, too much cold temps, tough windchills, and in some places it may be too warm.  Take care all of you and thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Our birds are busy at the feeders too. Still cold here, brutal wind chills:(

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Stunning pictures Larry, I could almost feel their feathers :)
~Jo

Red said...

It looks like you have some very active feeders. Lots of fun!