Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Tuesday's Things......


My trees seem to be crowded with all the lights and ornaments.  The solution is to fine\d a larger tree so the things can spread out.  That can happen another year.


This is a larger tree than the one in the first photo and it is still pretty full of ornaments.  The camera shot does help to make it more crowded than it really is. I have my glass ornaments separated on two trees with smaller ones on the tree in the dinning room.

We did start work on the mantel yesterday but  the lone wreathe is all that has happened. When we get a burst of energy today we should be able to be done soon.   It is so cold that we will be inside enjoying the decorations. Going outside is painful.


I discovered a new setting last night on my automatic camera. It lets me take photos of things  that are in low light.  This one of the big tree ended up not being in focus.  I think it is because it is a long distance from the camera to the tree. The others that I took did go into focus. I have twice the number of lights on the tree than usual as I kept picking up lights forgetting that I had already bought some.  The excess of lights actually works well for this size of tree.  Ornaments do tend to block out lights anyway.

I am glad we can stop focusing on the decorating and move on to other things. No work can be done outside today other than a quick trip to the bird feeders.  Doves and cardinals are coming in for sunflower seeds.  I have seen bluejays around in the neighborhood but not a my feeder.  If we get more snow they will come in more often.  The bluejays like the small cones on the neighbor's pine trees and they can be seen at a distance working those branches.

It is Tuesday and our day started early.  We will be taking breaks as we go about the routines of the day.  I wish everyone to be well to day.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely big tree! I know you and your dear wife have fun decorating every year.

Happy Christmas holidays ~ FlowerLady

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your ornaments are very pretty! Stay warm!! :)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your tree is a big one !
I love those glass ornaments of yours.
~Jo