Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Middle of a Cold Week.........


It is a cold winter morning here with the sun barely showing through the winter cloud cover.  The zoom let me share the sun through its branches. The sunrise shots will become rare as the winter cloud cover persists.

While looking out my smaller window to the world you can see it is a hazy day.  The oxalis had some shock reaction to coming inside but now looks like it is glad it is warm and inside. The shape of the birch is almost hidden by the foliage.



New purchases for me is the small glass blown ornaments from Hobby Lobby.  They have been each hand painted and have glitter applied to imitate the ornaments of old.  I normally don't look at this kind of product because most of them are made of plastic.  The store did have a whole isle filled with real glass ornaments. As some of my blog friends, one can never have enough ornaments for the tree.

These bulbs have been impossible to find but I found two packets of the bubble lights for my string of lights. I had been using my two sets even though four or five of them were burned out and dark.

I looked to see if they carried the bubble lights because they had these replacement bulbs.  They did not carry them.  I have my glass ornament tree yet to put up and also are large tree that sits in the bay window is not up yet.


Things seem to be so busy that I have yet to pull this new purchase out of the box.  My older coffee maker is going slow and vinegar doesn't seem to correct the problem.  I saw this automatic on on a very good sale last weekend and I found it being put into my cart for future use. I am not sure that I will use the programing part of it but I will maybe try it for a while.  Making coffee at night before going to bed would really speed up breakfast preps in the morning.

Share some of our day with my wife's friend yesterday.  We had a good time helping her to get to Asian Buffet for lunch.  She then asked if we could go to Hobby Lobby.  It really made her happy to get there and we bought a few things too.

It is too cold to be outside today but we need to pick up meds and do other errands today.  Our bodies will sort of gett use to the polar express weather.  It becomes less shocking as we stay with the exposure daily.  I have a new car that lets me start it while I am in the house.  That is going to make me a happier person.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope everyone is well.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like Christmas is coming!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Does your new car have heated seats too! Ours does and I love it! Nothing beats remote start in the winter! Real cold here now...sorry to say we are sending the deep freeze your way! Those are some real pretty new ornaments! :)