Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday tootles....




When I took my walk yesterday, Yellow Kitty was enjoying the weather and was following me around, while I took pictures.  I had to stop and pet her off an on, as that is a requirement when you are sharing her world.





Nest to the porch I have cleared some things off so I could run my miter saw. I can work when it is raining by putting it under the porch roof.  I still love my new miter saw.  Why did I wait so long to buy it?  The bean pot and nail barrel are sitting in a pretty natural arrangement.  Behind it is a clematis that has died out last winter, it grew up half way up the porch post, and then died back again.  I see now that is has sprouted up again here this fall behind the nail keg.  It use to be so big and beautiful. I will move these two out and put them in the basement soon.





Yellow kitty loves to scratch up this tree. It and the one post on the garden shed are the two places she scratches.   I was going to use the cat pictures for the photo a day blog, but I have been busy again.  I worked until 7:30 pm trying to be done with the plaster compound on the seams.  I have all of it now sanded and it is smooth except for a couple of trouble areas, that now have had another wet layer put on them.  I hate the sanding of this stuff as it is such a fine powder, but it does sand up smooth and nice.  Tomorrow will be primer paint and sand the floor.  I am getting there.   It looks so nice that I am now really motivated to see it end. 

I saw Susan Boyle on the Today show, as she sang three different songs.  "I dream a dream" will always be her theme as an artist, and I think everyone is thrilled that she can share her wonderful voice.  We all like Cinderella stories and she certainly is one.  All of us can identify as some of the things we dream and want to do, really can come true.  As a retired person,  I am just now seeing a new door opening and a new life style developing.  I don't want it to be a time of sitting down, but a time of getting up, and creating.  Oh, well, I do want a lot of time sitting down and drinking coffee. Also I want it to be a time to really have the time to care about others and help them when I can.     Thanks for reading.......

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning L.D. Yellow Kitty is a sweetie. My garden helper has to be petted too, especially when I am weeding. She puts her face right down where my hands are working and rubs on them in order to get me to stop and pay her some attention. I am always happy to oblige and take a little weeding break.

Love your bean pot and nail keg, they look very 'country'.

Susan Boyle is definitely a Cinderella story. I hope she is not changed by all the publicity and fame. Her voice is beautiful and her personality spunky and sweet.

Retirement doesn't mean the end, it's a new beginning. It's a time to enjoy life to the fullest in different ways.

It sounds like your indoor restoration work is coming along. Pretty soon, you'll be able to sit back and enjoy.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your DW.

FlowerLady

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Awww I just love Yellow Kitty, she's a sweet looking girl, and seems to enjoy being with you, pottering around the garden.
I have "things" sitting around the place also. They looked pretty in the summertime, but now I need to clean up, and pack away.
Trouble is, our November has been so mild, now it's almost Christmas, and the garden is still showing signs of summer.
Love Susan Boyle, you are correct, a Cinderella story indeed.
It's good that you see retirement as an opportunity to create, and finally afford yourself the time to follow your dream.
Happy thanksgiving to you and your family !

Vernita Hoyt said...

The bean pot and nail keg would make a wonderful still life painting. Your blog came up first on my 'watched' list this morning. Viewing your photos is a good way to start the day. You have a great eye for the natural beauty in the world.

Alan Burnett said...

I like the idea of it being a time "for getting up and creating". If the rain ever stops around here I will try and follow your advice.

Valerie said...

Yellow Kitty is adorable and I'm pleased you're viewing retirement so positively. I've had more challenges in mine that I ever could have imagined and enjoyed every one.
I heard that Susan Boyle's LP had just been released. I think I might put it on my Christmas list. She has an astounding voice.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That Susan is a wonderful singer. I hope that she handles fame and fortune well. I can't carry a tune..so I always appreciate people that can:)