Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday's ways.........


A green mood with all the green paint, mold and the background. A student at school threw this into the dumpster and I dove for it.  The hole is too small for a nest and I need to redrill that so I could get a bird to make a nest in it.


I am planning to get some seed harvested today as it is getting time when I don't want to miss out on the free seed. It can die and fall off the stem so fast that I miss out altogether.


I have been playing migration with the plants.  I take them in with the threat of frost and now I have moved them all back outside. We are suppose to have a warm spell for a few days.

I painted trim boards on the parent's house today.  They were not in bad shape but it looked bad in a couple of places with peeling paint.  I could have left it but that first impression is important in selling a house.  I don't think my dad had ever used a primer paint on his fascia boards and both the house and garage were down to raw wood in spots.  The magic of his extension ladder was incredible and I was glad that I survived it.  I finally got onto the roof and painted down on the peak trim board. It was safer that way. It was a low slopped ranch roof.
I cleared a lot of small tree growth around the property and cut down an oversized rose bush.  I do find the outside work getting to be close to being done.  I have a few more days of it but it is getting so I can see the end of that work.
My wife scrubbed kitchen cupboards today and that was a great improvement on the look of that place.  I have hinges to fix and the wood under the sink needs to be replaced.
One of the major projects left to do is rinse and vac the five different rooms with carpet.  I know that will be also make a great change in the appearance of the inside of the house. 
We are a month off schedule but as long as things keep progressing and things are getting taken off the punch list I feel very encouraged about the work. 
We found a neighbor that wants to take all of the strangling furniture left to get rid of. They want the desk and dresser and a few other things.  I also had a very cheaply made china hutch that they were glad to get.  It was not made of real wood and the bottom doors were plastic.  The overall appearance was ok as you get what you pay for, my mom loved it, but as a piece of good furniture, it was not.  I couldn't find a relative who wanted it so I am glad to give it to the nice couple next door.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I am in a restful, less stressful mode today, but do  have four frame jobs left to do.  I may work on them.  Take care.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it is a good feeling to be getting near the end of work at your parents' home. It is great that the neighbors wanted the remaining larger pieces of furniture. It's always easier to let the pieces go when you know someone really wants them. Hoping that you'll have a good day and enjoy collecting seeds from your many plants.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Zinnias are still looking good..you just cannot beat a Zinnia for bloom time. It sounds like the work on the house is progressing..one day at a time:)