Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A late Tuesday tidbit........

I spent the day doing different errands and tasks that I  had not had time to do the past few weeks.  One of the tasks was to check on the house in Osceola and clear some of the flower beds.  We are very brown everywhere, but under the leaves the daffodils and tulips are sprouting up a few inches high. This is southern Iowa and they are always two to three weeks ahead of us in warming up temperature wise.


As a point of information, my wife has four paintings showing in the Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum in Duncan, Oklahoma.  There are six or more of her friends from the internet who have entered into the show.  Della's white horse was chosen by the local paper to be shown as an example of the work being presented at the museum.  Check out the Chisholm Trail blog of her and her friends to see what the show looked like. I have it posted with a link on the right side of my blog.  It is being updated each day.







Other things we did today included stopping at the bookstore for some R and R.   Also we stopped at Menards to buy more molding in which to cut into frames.  I have to unload the eight foot sticks from the car in the morning plus other things that I couldn't throw away from down at the house.

I can't throw away buckets of nails and there were more antique glass lidded jars that don't belong in the landfill.  I brought home a lot of the cleaning equipment also as we are done doing that.  I have one vacuum still there to do final touch up and a couple of spray cleaners for last minute sprucing.  I brought home a ball bat from when we were kids and also more tools.   I still have six dining room chairs that I plan to bring home and turn them into painted artworks.  I will show you when I get one done.

I have not sold the house as of yet, but I have had probably 18 different calls of inquiry.  I hope to have people to actually go into the house as it really is a nice good sized house.

Thanks for stopping by........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larry, You have done a great job on your parents' home. I love the windows across the front. I hope someone very special comes along to make this their new home.
Your wife's artwork is superb. Thank you for sharing with us.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a nice home for some young couple..I hope you sell it..you have been working on it a long time:)