Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Potpourri...........



I need to get back to painting again soon.  This is one that I did a year ago among a few other ones.  My wife and I have a show in April and I should have some other works to take along for it.




I posted about the ink wells in the past that are from country school desks.  The glass liner sits here in front and it fit inside the metal container with the flip up lid.  The metal piece would fit into the holes that were drilled into the wooden desks and then the glass container would be easy to remove and clean and refill.




Just for fun I am sharing a photo of bachelor buttons that I had grown two summers ago. I really enjoy the rich colors that these flowers put out for us to enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art Larry. I have seen many barns around our new home but traffic is too heavy for me to get photos! I have never seen the actual ink wells that fit into the desks! How very interesting to see these.
The Bachelor Buttons are so very pretty - love that color.

The Retired One said...

Wonderful painting Larry!! You should have taken a photo of THAT and entered it in the old barn free photo contest,silly!