Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Stuff...........


The tree will continue to give me bad apples.  It didn't last year. There wasn't a single bud, bloom or apple on the tree last year. So we are going to return to a normal blooming cycle this year and yes bad apples.


The birds are enjoying the seed heads for the birch tree.  I have seen cardinals and sparrows eating seed from the branches.


Sadly this suitcase is taking it's final trip.  It isn't visiting Colorado or Utah but will end up in Afton, Iowa at the landfill.


I shouldn't get emotional over a dumb old rusty suitcase but it is the one my brother and I used when I was a kid when we traveled.  My dad loved to take these two week trips out of state each year and my brother Dwight bought these stickers.  I see a trip to Spook Cave is on there too. The Wisconsin Dells trip was a bad trip as my dad didn't want to go there and we heard about it the whole time.  We went to Colorado most years and again the next year after going to the Dells.

Dad, mom and Dwight are all gone now and I guess the suitcase's final trip should bother me a little.

Thanks for stopping by................ Have a good Sunday.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I think you've paid the suitcase and the memories around it a fitting tribute, and you can now let it go. Sometimes we just can't hang on to things.

Anonymous said...

I sympathize with you Larry. In recent months, between my brother and us both moving, we have had to make many hard choices about throwing out "memories."

Debi said...

Happy Sunday ~ About your apple tree, do bees visit your tree?
And ... maybe you shouldn't send the suitcase off just yet. What memories! I loved the story behind it. A nice pause for thought. Debi

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have a photograph of it..that has to be enough sometimes..you cannot keep every memory:)