Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thursday's report..........


Our heat on Tuesday finished off the tulips.  We don't have a lot of moisture in the ground so it made everything shrivel up.


Our warmer weather helped bring out the wild phlox.  I found these in a timber years ago and transplanted them in my garden.  The have spread throughout the garden area.


The mulit headed daffodils are later than all of the other bulb plants.  This is a stem with at least four to five blooms the end.


I am a middle school social studies teacher today.  It has been a long day but will be back for more tomorrow.  I succeeded in getting my old riding lawn mower up and running.  It takes an older machine a little convincing to get them to run.  I am glad that I mowed as the evening was filled with thunderstorms that produced very light rains.  The rains made everything take a leap forward in greening up.  My evergreens all put out buds of green overnight. 

Thanks for stopping by...............Friday is coming!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John and I were discussing how quickly your weather there changes. This time last year, John and Larry were fairly close to your area on their bucket trip.
The phlox and daffodils sure are nice. Does the phlox have a sweet fragrance?
GA is expecting thunderstorms tomorrow thru the weekend. Our grass is already needing additional moisture.
Hope school goes well tomorrow for you.

Debbie Lo said...

All of your flower photos are so pretty.

So you have to talk kindly to your old mower to get it to start also? Now we don't feel so bad! :-)