Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday's tidbits...........


Stella d oro is starting to buckle under the higher temperatures, but it is still beautiful. 


I should have picked a couple of days ago.  My patch tripled in size in two years and now I have more than I can pick. My first time out, I picked a container full of half this size.  I will freeze these with the thought of pie and more  pie.  Maybe we can make some jam.  I will skip a day or two and go back to pick again on Saturday. I have to keep them picked as the black bugs are out there starting to hit the very ripe berries.  I think they are coming from a white small moth that lays eggs and then the bugs hatch and start eating.  It means I have to look into each berry as I pick them.


The daily kitten photo.  The black one in back has a white patch on it's chest.  The one to Cali's left is a small version of her mother, not a perfect match in markings but a tortoise shell colored kitten.  There may only be three kittens now but I am not sure that there may be two black ones.  The tiger gray one you saw yesterday.
Thanks for stopping by.........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry, The daylilies are so colorful.
I have a recipe for raspberries on my blog currently.
I love the kitty photos. When I go in the local pet store to buy food, I try not to look over where the homeless kittens are in cages. They all seem to be calling my name!!!!
Have a great day.

Alan Burnett said...

As always, our seasons march together in unison. The raspberries are at their very best over here at the moment - delicious.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Kittens! Nice to see your rasberry patch is producing. I used to love picking those as a kid along the railroad tracks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I called the u pick that my cousin has and made an appointment for next Sunday..the berries are just beginning to ripen. We freeze them on cookie sheets and then put them in baggies in the freezer and enjoy them all winter. Cute kittens!!! :)

Debbie Lo said...

Those berries look so fresh and yummy! And a raspberry pie sounds delicious too!

The kittens are absolutely adorable. Just love them. :-)