Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Two and two...............


My wife started for me a collection of wild fowl a few years back.  When the trend quit being profitable the company of course quit making them.  So it was a short lived collection of a few years.  The black swan is one of my favorites even though I like all of them. There are others similar to this be they are just not the same in size of kind of material.


The wood duck is a favorite too.  I am showing you this view as I have discovered that the end of the beak is broken off and he looks snub nosed.


The field lilies or ditch lilies are coming up quickly. They crowded out some things that I did value but I guess I have to live with that.  I should have been smart enough to move the plants out of their way as they invaded but as the seasons go they just get swallowed up with the ditch lily.


Vinca has never really impressed me but I have it everywhere.  It just doesn't flower very well for me and I tend to just ignore it.  I have a large patch where it is very thick but the purple flowers are just few and far between.

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing your fowl collection. We had wood ducks in the woods/creek around our old house and they are really beautiful!
Our new to us home had lots of vinca just taking over the front flower bed of the house. Finally after a year, we just about have it all pulled out. Seems like it quits blooming after a few years and just crowds out everything in its path.
Hope you have a nice afternoon/evening.