Monday, November 5, 2012

Freeze Dried........


These three flowers are held in suspension.  They stay just like this day and night.  I would think they would have shriveled up by now but maybe the cold is just keeping them in this state.  I saw them the other day outside my upstairs window and wondered why I was seeing color on the trellis.



The farmer raked up the loose stuff and put it into sort of windrows so the baler could pick it up to make 14 bales. I see that all of it wasn't picked up. It reminds me of a butch haircut with all the stalks cut evenly from the distance of the ground.  He will be back with machinery to chop and bury this all without plowing it.



A fall looking sky in Iowa on a Saturday afternoon.  The grass is still green, the river birch is bare, and the bales are sitting in state ready to be picked up by a tractor and fork lift. This is a typical view of Iowa right now with the lighter colored sky and no crops in the field.

I am (babysitting) watching a study hall today.  It will be boring but I am sure a challenge.  My first study hall is just 10 students so I am not having a tough first hour.  It does get more crowded as the day goes on with large groups of students.

Thanks for stopping by the post today.  Have a good week.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos of fall in your area. Hope you have a nice week.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Love the photos of the morning glories held in time. The color is great!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Freeze dried color..any color but brown or white is appreciated this time of year:)

Debbie Lo said...

Having never been to Iowa, I appreciate the fact that you are sharing the sights. It's always nice to see what other folks around our country are seeing at different times of the year. Thanks for sharing!