Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Things to do........


No, we don't have our tree up as of yet.  This is last year's picture of the deer that I repaired by wrapping new lights around them.  I hope to get them out early this year before the snow starts.



Toys of old that I have in my collection.  Some child was excited to get these items many years ago as gifts for Christmas or even birthdays.  I have some toys in my collection that belonged to a family that the kids would now be in their 80's in age.  It is amazing the way toys evolved into less creative items rather than more creative.



I have a lot of framing to do before Christmas again this year.  I have three weeks to get them done and it can be done.  Some of the items that were brought in yesterday were optional on their deadline.  One item only of the four was a Christmas present.  I will share what I have framed as they progress as it is always a diverse kind of things that come into the frame shop.


Della and I have been asked to set up a small art show in the town library.  They told us that we could put cards on them to sell them which was a nice thing for them to offer.  The photo at left is last year's large exhibit that we had done. It will be nice to have our work out there in the public to see.  My wife is bogged down, happily, with many pet portrait commissions to do before Christmas. When she sells one, they seem to advertise her work and all the people around the original owner are calling to get their dog or cat painted.


I am a tech guy in the afternoon and covering for a lead teacher in the special education room this morning.  It is Wednesday and we have made it to the half way mark of the week.  Thanks for stopping by my post today.

2 comments:

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

I hope you have success selling your pieces. You have beautiful works.
Get those deer out!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like a nice show in past years, Larry and good luck on this year's too. We set up our tree this evening - artificial one this year as we will be travelling right after Christmas. We have always had live ones so this is a big change. A neighbor gave us a prelit tree which we added some lights too as well as some favorite decorations on a smaller scale.