Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Close buddies.....


I rescued the small rhubarb plant from over under my neighbors towering pine tree.  It was a small sprout and now it is going to do battle for space with the iris.  I like seeing people who plan gardens, I just don't seem to be one of them.  Accidental planning and planting is my theme.  When in doubt just get it into the ground and deal with it later.  So maybe this fall I will deal with it. In the mean time if I keep the rhubarb pulled and we eat it, there really isn't a problem.



I had to research the name again as I don't ever seem to remember it.  This is the Strawberry Viburnum that I have growing out my back door.  I trimmed it back last summer and it didn't seem to bother it.  It keeps growing and becomes too large to walk on the sidewalk. It has a great design and the little buds turn into little flowers.



Buds on every stem of the original rosebush William Baffin.  My start taken from the bush is doing well in its new location and this one has revived for a summer of blooms.  I will be sure to show you the first blooms when they happen.



Pin oak trees put out leaves in the spring that have fall colors.  The leaves stay on all winter and then in spring drop with new green sprouts to follow.  The trees look like fall trees when I look out the dining room window.  A bright yellow tree against all that green grass and leaves of the other trees.

We are having cool weather today which will be nice. I have my classroom windows open and I see the kids have shut off the fans.  It does feel damp and cool when it blows on you.  I have to get the room cooled off early in the morning and may not have to shut them later in the afternoon as I usually do.

Thanks for stopping by today.



1 comment:

Gardening with Juanita said...

Isn't God's world wonderful. I love those leaves. I love the fall. Never saw any that color in spring. You Iris is very pretty. Looking good.